Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Fire Force Chief B Sandhya said that the drug warehouse which caught fire at Kinfra Park didn’t have NOC. She mentioned this to the media after visiting the place. Sandhya added that there were no fire extinguishing facilities in the building.
“Mixing bleaching powder in water or alcohol can cause fire. The building had many items including sanitizer. The cause of the fire will only be revealed after detailed examination”, she said. B Sandhya added that there were many lapses in the building that caught fire. She also directed to conduct a fire audit at all drug warehouses in the state.
Meanwhile, the eyes of firefighter Ranjith, who died while dousing the flames, has been donated. His body will be kept for public viewing at Fire Force headquarters and at Chacka unit.
A major fire broke out in the warehouse of Kerala Medical Services Corporation at KINFRA Park in Menamkulam around 1.30 am on Tuesday. The building where the chemicals were stored was completely destroyed in the fire. The district’s entire firefighting units rushed to the scene and extinguished the fire.