Idukki: Shaji, a resident of Thannipuram, lost his life due to an electric shock. The electric shock resulted from an electric fence installed to prevent wild boars from entering the farm. The incident occurred this morning (Nov 7).
The electric fence was set up on a two-and-a-half-acre farm, with the current sourced directly from the electric post to the fence. In the morning, while inspecting whether a wild boar had been caught in the trap, Shaji slipped and fell into the electric fence.
After Shaji failed to return home for an extended period, his family went searching for him and found his lifeless body in the farm. Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) personnel arrived at the scene and disconnected the electricity connection. The body has been transferred to the Medical College Hospital for post-mortem examination, as confirmed by the police.