New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday said that the Centre is in touch with the African nation to get 7 Indian released, who were kidnapped in Libya last month.
“The government is in touch with their family members and would like to assure them that we are making all possible efforts in consultation and coordination with Libyan authorities and the employer to trace our nationals and secure their release from captivity at the earliest,” MEA spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said.
During a media briefing, he said that the seven Indian were kidnapped while they were on their way to Tripoli airport to board a flight to India on September 14.
“The employer has been contacted by the kidnappers and shown photographs as proof that the Indian nationals were safe and keeping well,” he said.
The Indian nationals hailed from Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh. They were working at a construction and oil field supplies company.