New Delhi: The Minister of State for Tourism K.J. Alphons launched the new Incredible India website in New Delhi today. The website showcases India as a holistic destination, revolving around major experiences, such as, spirituality, heritage, adventure, culture, yoga, wellness and more. The website follows the trends and technologies of international standards with an aim to project India as a “must-visit” destination, among its overseas travellers.
Launching the new dynamic and interactive website with latest platform and technology, the Minister hoped that the website will evolve as one of the best in the world. The Minister also said that the new website is more interactive, it will have all the required content and further, the content shall be updated in a timely manner. The Minister also thanked the stakeholders like Tech Mahindra, Google, Adobe and NIC team who were involved in the development of the website.
Speaking at the event, Secretary Tourism, Ms. Rashmi Verma said that new website will suggest a visitor the options and there is no need of any queries. She also added that the website will provide information all over the world even about exotic destinations of the country. The Secretary also conveyed that the website has already started getting visits from US, Russia and China.
The website has many useful features to make it more interactive and to provide a deeper engagement to the travelers visiting the website. With the help of Adobe solution suite, the Ministry of Tourism will now be able to engage effectively with visitors across Web & Social channels and measure engagement, to deliver real time personalized experiences for each visitor, based on their interest and travel persona. Ministry of Tourism has partnered with Google Arts & Culture, in bringing online a series of compelling visuals that will give the user an immersive experience of India’s spectacular heritage, festivity, spirituality, museums and adventure, on the new website.
Features of the new website: –
- User Friendly Design: Aesthetically designed website to make large amount of information easily available.
- Content Rich: Browse through a wide range of destinations and experiences before planning a travel.
- Advanced Personalization: The power of Adobe Experience Cloud has been leveraged to identify different user personas and offer personalized experience.
- Mobile Ready: Fully Responsive website to access the information easily on the mobile devices.
- Interactive Search: Browse easily the destinations and experiences of your choice with quick search.
- User Generated Content: Explore India through the experiences of fellow travelers and their stories.
The website has been developed by Tech Mahindra and is powered by NIC Cloud. The website will be dynamic and constantly evolving, with new design and theme, periodically. Going forward, the website will be available in Hindi and leading international languages.