Kottayam: A fierce house fire tore through a dwelling in Chennad Vandanath today, causing extensive destruction and heartache in its wake. The incident, which occurred around 6:30 am, resulted in the complete annihilation of the house, fortunately sparing occupants from serious injuries.
The house, owned by a resident named Madhu, succumbed to the ferocious blaze, leaving the family devastated. Alongside Madhu, wife Asha Madhu, children Monisha, and Manish – were also affected by the fire. Though the individuals sustained burns in the accident, the injuries are reported to be non-life-threatening.
The morning tranquility was shattered as residents woke up to the sight of flames consuming the house. Swiftly realizing the gravity of the situation, they immediately attempted to douse the fire, showing immense bravery in the face of danger. Subsequently, the fire brigade from Erattupetta promptly arrived at the scene and effectively extinguished the flames. The exact cause that ignited the fire remains uncertain at this point in time.