Kasaragod : The state witnessed another death due to food poisoning. A student named Anjushree Parvathi, native of Talaklai in Kasaragod district died. She was affected with food poisoning after having ‘Kuzhimanthi’ (a popular Arabic dish loaded with flavours and big chunks of meat) from Ramensia Hotel. The food was brought online from the hotel. The girl was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Kasaragod and Mangalore since 1st January.
Following the girl’s death, her relatives filed a complaint with the Melaparambu police. ‘Kuzhimanthi’ was bought on New Year’s Day. Anjushree Parvathi was 19 years old. She was shifted to Mangalore when her health condition worsened. The girl’s relatives are in Mangalore.
Last May too, a death was reported due to food poisoning in Kasaragod. A 16-year-old girl named Devananda, native of Cheruvathur died in the incident. Following the death of a nurse in Kottayam, food safety checks are being conducted widely in the state.