Patna: Bharatia Janata Party on Thursday released its manifesto for upcoming three-phased Bihar elections. The manifesto was released by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Patna and reportedly the manifesto focuses on ‘Atmanirbhar Bihar’.
In a first of its promise, the manifesto states that after the approval of the coronavirus vaccine from ICMR, every person in the State will get vaccinated free of cost.
“In the fight against coronavirus, the NDA government has set an example in the country. It is our resolution that as soon as the vaccine will be approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), every person in the State will be vaccinated,” the manifesto said.
Releasing the manifesto, Nirmala Sitharaman said, ” As soon as COVID-19 vaccine will be available for production at a mass scale every person in Bihar will get free vaccination. This is the first promise mentioned in our poll manifesto.”
Senior leaders Bhupender Yadav, Nityanand Rai, Ashwini Choubey and Pramod Kumar also unveiled the document along with Nirmala Sitharaman. Union Minister and Patna Sahib MP Ravi Shankar Prasad and other BJP leaders were also present at the event.
The BJP’s promises include:
- 19 lakh job opportunities
- Free Covid vaccination for all in Bihar
- 3 lakh new teachers’ appointments
- Making Bihar an IT hub to generate 1 0 lakh jobs
- Making one crore women self-reliant
- One lakh jobs in the health sector
- Pucca houses for 30 lakh people
- Free tablets for all students from Class 9