Thiruvananthapuram: A massive fire broke out in the go-down of Family Plastics,causing a loss of over 500 crores. The fire blaze came up at seven in the evening and around 40 units of fire force worked for 12 long hours to extinguish the fire.
Two persons, suffering from suffocation due to inhaling poisonous air have been admitted to hospital. All local people around 1 km of the area have been evacuated. Both the factory and go-down were caught under fire.
The fire was first noticed at 7.15 pm in one of the three units. The employees inside the factory tried their best to keep things under control, but in vain. A number of explosions heard from the burning factory.The blaze had spread in the whole building within minutes causing a damage of 500 crores.
Investigation has began and the initial possibility points towards short circuit.