Malappuram : In a distressing incident, Sharafuddin and his family, residents of Kanmanam, Medippara, were horrified to discover live maggots in the chicken biryani they purchased from White Hotel in Puthanathani, Malappuram. The shocking discovery occurred last night, prompting Sharafuddin to file a complaint with both the local police and the food safety department.
Upon consuming the biryani, three children from the family fell ill and started vomiting, leading to their immediate hospitalization. It was during their meal that the family noticed live maggots emerging from the chicken. Alarmed by the unsanitary and concerning situation, they promptly reached out for assistance and were assured by the Food Safety Department that appropriate actions would be taken.
This incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of upholding food safety standards and highlights the need for stringent regulations to prevent such occurrences in the future.