Melbourne (Australia): Cricket Australia on Saturday said that five Indian players namely Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Shubman Gill, Prithvi Shaw and Navdeep Saini has been put in isolation as part of precautionary measure post their outing. The five players were seen eating at an indoor venue in Australia on the New Year Eve.
A statement by Cricket Australia said “In the interim, on the advice of the Australian and Indian medical teams, the aforementioned players have been placed in isolation as a precaution. This will include separating the group of players from the broader Indian and Australian squads when travelling at the training venue”.
Earlier the day, a video of Rohit, Gill, Saini, Pant and Shaw eating at an indoor venue at Australia had gone viral in the social media following which the BCCI and Cricket Australia were alerted. The fans expressed their concern over the possibility of a bubble breach.
ANI reported that sources in the know of developments in the team said that the players had followed all safety protocols and there was no need for any investigation as the fan had himself clarified about the miscommunication that happened.
A fan in a series of tweets had claimed that he had paid the bill of the Indian players in the restaurant. The fan further said that he had been hugged by Rishabh Pant. But later on Saturday, he brought out a clarification on the matter saying that Pant never hugged him and it was all said in an excitement.